Uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist coverage protects drivers for bodily injury and other losses caused by a driver of an uninsured or underinsured vehicle. It’s an extremely important coverage to have on your auto insurance policy. Here’s why…
• In Florida, drivers are not required to carry bodily liability coverage – the insurance that pays for personal injury losses (i.e. medical expenses, lost wages, etc.)
• Nearly one out of every four drivers in Florida is uninsured. In fact, Florida is among the highest rates of uninsured drivers in the entire United States!
• Uninsured motorist coverage protects drivers even if they are a passenger in another person’s car and even if they are a pedestrian at the time the accident occurred.
• Uninsured motorist insurance covers hit and run accidents.
• More often than not, a driver without insurance coverage also lacks any assets, even if a judgement has been issued against them. If that is the case, uninsured motorist coverage will kick in and provide a source of funds for damages that otherwise may not be available.
• Uninsured motorist coverage is actually very affordable! In the case of an accident, it would more than pay for itself should the other driver not have insurance coverage. Contact your auto insurance company for quotes.
• With uninsured motorist coverage, not only is the driver covered but so are the other passengers in the vehicle at the time of the accident.
At Anton Castro Law, we proudly represent individuals injured as a result of another’s negligence. Whether it is a personal injury matter or an auto accident, we have the necessary knowledge and experience to Represent Your Best Interests. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please give us a call at 813-907-9807 or visit us on the web at TampaAttorneys.org.